Dr Lee David
I am the founder and director of 10 Minute CBT. I am a GP and CBT therapist with special interests in mental health and resilience, compassion, behaviour change and education for health professionals.
I offer private CBT therapy, both face-to-face and via Skype. I use a broad approach which includes elements of CBT, acceptance and commitment therapy, mindfulness and compassion-focused therapy / mindful compassion. Please click here for further information.
Teaching 10 Minute CBT
I developed the 10 Minute CBT model more than 15 years ago, and have found it immensely rewarding to teach this to health professionals and to receive very positive feedback about its impact. We continue to develop and update the model as new evidence emerges about the most effective ways to teach and use CBT in brief settings.
I am passionate about teaching and I am responsible for the design, development and evaluation of our educational modules. I also have a keen interest in academic research and in looking for evidence to support our approach.
- MB BS, BSc (Social Psychology as applied to health)
- Member of the Royal College of General Practitioners (distinction)
- MA (cognitive-behavioural therapy)
- Postgraduate certificate (medical education)
I can be contacted by email at: Lee.David@10minuteCBT.co.uk
- David, L (2013) Using Using CBT in General Practice, second edition: The 10 Minute CBT Handbook. Bloxham: Scion Publishing
- Changing physical activity behaviour for people with multiple sclerosis: protocol of a randomised controlled feasibility trial (iStep-MS). Ryan JM, Fortune J, Stennett A, Kilbride C, Anokye N, Victor C, Hendrie W, Abdul M, DeSouza L, Lavelle G, Brewin D, David L, Norris M.
BMJ Open. 2017 Nov 15;7(11):e018875.
- Effect of a Primary Care Walking Intervention with and without Nurse Support on Physical Activity Levels in 45- to 75-Year-Olds: The Pedometer And Consultation Evaluation (PACE-UP) Cluster Randomised Clinical Trial. Harris T, Kerry SM, Limb ES, Victor CR, Iliffe S, Ussher M, Whincup PH, Ekelund U, Fox-Rushby J, Furness C, Anokye N, Ibison J, DeWilde S, David L, Howard E, Dale R, Smith J, Cook DG. PLoS Med. 2017 Jan 3;14(1):e1002210.
- A primary care nurse-delivered walking intervention in older adults: PACE (pedometer accelerometer consultation evaluation)-Lift cluster randomised controlled trial. Harris T, Kerry SM, Victor CR, Ekelund U, Woodcock A, Iliffe S, Whincup PH, Beighton C, Ussher M, Limb ES, David L, Brewin D, Adams F, Rogers A, Cook DG. PLoS Med. 2015 Feb 17;12(2):e1001783
- Randomised controlled trial of a complex intervention by primary care nurses to increase walking in patients aged 60-74 years: protocol of the PACE-Lift (Pedometer Accelerometer Consultation Evaluation – Lift) trial. Harris T, Kerry S, Victor C, Ekelund U, Woodcock A, Iliffe S, Whincup P, Beighton C, Ussher M, David L, Brewin D, Adams F, Rogers A, Cook D. BMC Public Health. 2013 Jan 4;13:5.
- PACE-UP (Pedometer and consultation evaluation–UP)–a pedometer-based walking intervention with and without practice nurse support in primary care patients aged 45-75 years: study protocol for a randomised controlled trial. Harris T, Kerry SM, Victor CR, Shah SM, Iliffe S, Ussher M, Ekelund U, Fox-Rushby J, Whincup P, David L, Brewin D, Ibison J, DeWilde S, Limb E, Anokye N, Furness C, Howard E, Dale R, Cook DG. 2013 Dec 5;14:418.
- Using CBT in General Practice, second edition: The 10 Minute CBT Handbook, Scion Publishing (August 2013)
- Low intensity CBT interventions by General Practitioners (contributing chapter author), Oxford Guide to Low Intensity CBT Interventions, Bennett-Levy, J et al (Eds.), Oxford University Press, Publication date: 2010
- David LS, Freeman GK, Improving Consultation Skills using Cognitive-Behavioural Therapy: A new Cognitive Behavioural Model for general practice. Education for Primary Care. Sept 2006
- Health anxiety and a sinking heart: A Cognitive-Behavioural approach: The New Generalist, 5(1), Spring 2007
- Using CBT to manage patients with chronic health anxiety, New Generalist, 5(2), Summer 2007
- Cognitive-Behavioural Therapy for GPs: practical use in the 10-minute consultation, Pulse Magazine, June 2005