Welcome to 10 Minute CBT
Promoting effective practice for mental health problems
10 minute CBT offers simple effective strategies for managing mental ill-health and promoting wellbeing.
We provide high-quality, practical, focused training for health professionals to improve the care of patients with mental health conditions and chronic physical disorders.
Cognitive-behavioural therapy (CBT) is the most scientifically validated psychological treatment for a wide range of emotional and physical problems. We believe that simple CBT skills should not be limited to the ‘therapy’ setting but can be useful for all health professionals.
These skills are as applicable to health professionals as they are to patients!
Practical training for busy health professionals
We understand the time constraints inherent in the practice of all busy health professionals in the current National Health Service. We provide practical, useful training, which empowers patients and maximises the use of limited time.
Our training programmes are interactive, interesting and confer real skills which can be applied immediately for a wide variety of conditions, including:
- Depression and low self-esteem
- Generalised anxiety and panic disorder
- Coping with difficult or ‘heartsink’ patients
- Health anxiety and somatisation disorder
- Improving care for patients with chronic disease / long-term conditions
- Managing stress and reducing burnout for health professionals
- An effective tool for teaching, training and mentoring
We hope that you find this website useful and look forward to meeting you on a training event in the near future.