About Our Training
10 Minute CBT approach to training
Our approach to training involves predominantly experiential learning, where participants learn practical CBT skills. Our training builds upon existing patient-centred communication skills that are familiar to many health professionals.
We break down the CBT approach into a series of simple building blocks which can be applied flexibly for a wide variety of patients and settings.
Includes time management skills
We also recognise the huge time constraints that are a key aspect of working within the NHS. Our training is designed to be used in small, ‘bite-sized' chunks, within health professionals' existing practice. Our training includes specific techniques for effective time management
Key Features of the training
- Designed for use flexibly within brief time periods
- Wide variety of teaching styles, including small group work, role play, live and video demonstrations
- Equips participants with practical skills, which are easily transferred to ‘real-life' practice
- Training based on realistic case examples from general practice
- Useful for mental health problems e.g. depression, anxiety, panic disorder, health anxiety and coping with physical disorders and chronic disease
- Encourages patients to take responsibility for their own problems
- Equally useful for self-reflection and managing health professionals' own stress
- Ideal approach for ‘heartsink' patients